Why is my Wi-Fi slow?
The speed that you receive over Wi-Fi is determined by a lot of different factors. If your Wi-Fi is slower than usual, here are the first things we would advise you do.
- Reboot your router - your router is just a small computer and can need a reboot sometimes too!
- Try using another device, are all devices experiencing slow speeds? If not, it may not be your Wi-Fi that's the problem.
- Move your router - the positioning of your router can greatly affect the performance of your Wi-Fi. Thick walls and some metals can obstruct your Wi-Fi signal.
- Move it away from your telephone or other electrical devices to prevent interference.
- Disconnect devices that don't require access to the internet.
If you've performed these steps are you're still experiencing issues then get in touch. Everyone's homes are different and therefore we can't guarantee speeds over WiFi however we can help you get the best out of your router.
In order to determine whether the issue is with the speed delivered to your router or a wireless issue we'll ask you to perform a "hard wired speed test". To do this, simply connect a device to your router using the network cable provided in the box and visit https://speedtest.net. We'll ask you to take a screenshot of your results and email them to us.