About this policy
- Onestream Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- This policy explains how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- By visiting our website and obtaining goods and services from us, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy
Collecting your personal information
We will collect and process data about you when:
- fill in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- buy a product or service from us including buying products online or over the telephone;
- use any product or service purchased from us;
- subscribe to our email notifications and/or newsletters;
- take part in any competitions, prize draws or surveys;
- post to our website for publication on the Internet; and
- contact us to obtain information about our services or with any questions or complaints.
- We may also collect information about you from other sources. We work closely with third parties including business partners such as mobile phone networks, suppliers dealing with technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies.
- With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
- We will also collect any phone number used to call us.
- We will collect and process data about you when:
Information we collect about you
The information we collect about you depends on the services you use and subscribe to. The types of information we will collect are:
- your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, email addresses and job title;
- credit card or debit card information, information about your bank account and sort code or other bank information;
- details of your contact with us such as a note or recording of your call, the letter or email you send to us or any other records of your contact with us;
- details of your Onestream account in relation to your purchase and/or use of our services of those of our business partners; and
- details of your preferences for any products or services that you provide us with or we obtain from your use of any of our products or services.
How we use the information we collect
We may use and analyse the information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to administer our website and our services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them; and
- to carry out a credit check if you wish to purchase our or our business partners’ products and services to assess your application. Please see the credit checks section below for more information about this.
Sharing your personal information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- any business partners or suppliers involved in the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- any business partners so they can contact you about their products and services;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you;
- debt collection agencies or other debt recovery organisations;
- law enforcement agencies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities if we have to, or are authorised to do so by law; and
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets as part of the process of evaluation and to ensure continuity of service.
Where we store your personal data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website or your account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long will we keep your information
- The periods for which we keep your information will depend on the purpose for which the information was collected and the use to which it is put. We will not keep personal information for longer than is necessary for our business or legal requirements.
- Your account information will be held for 6 years from the end of your relationship with us.
- We will keep your contact information for a reasonable period of time after your relationship with us has finished in case you decide to use our service again and we may contact you about services during this time if you have not opted out of receiving marketing communications from us.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- You can contact us at any time to get a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- If you believe we are holding inaccurate information about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can correct it.
- Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- When you make a request for the supply of any products or services from us or any of our business partners and during the course of any such supply we may carry out credit checks on you at any time. We will only use licensed credit references agencies but such agencies will keep a record of our search on your credit record.
- We may search the electoral roll to verify your address.
- We may use credit searches and other information, which is provided to us or the credit agencies, about you and those who are linked financially to you, if credit decisions are made about you, or other members of your household.
- If, at any time during the provision of any goods and services to you, you fail to meet our credit conditions, we will contact you.
- You can request a copy of your credit record by writing directly to the credit agencies. There is a small fee for this service and the records held by each agency may not be the same. Each of the agencies will be able to provide you with details of their fees when you contact them.