About this policy
- So that our services and equipment are used in a lawful, safe and appropriate way, we have to set out some rules about how they can be used. This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) sets out these rules.
- This AUP applies to your use of one or more of our products to access one or more of the Onestream Broadband and Home phone services (“services”) and all equipment provided by Onestream to you in connection with your such use. In this AUP, the word “product” includes any services and/or equipment we provide to you.
- Any reference to “we” in this AUP shall be a reference to Onestream Limited. Any reference to “you” shall mean you and anyone else that you allow to use any of our products, including anyone who accesses our products due to your removal of, or failure to maintain, wireless encryption security on your wireless router.
Your use of Onestream Broadband and/or Home phone services
- You must not use our products in any way that is unlawful or illegal in respect of the laws and regulations in force from time to time in the United Kingdom.
- You understand that unauthorised access to computer systems may constitute a criminal offence.
- As the account holder, you shall at all times remain fully responsible for any use of our products by you or anyone else at your property (including your family and any visitors to the property). If you allow other individuals to use our services, you will be responsible for any breach of this AUP, or our Terms & conditions, committed by those individuals. If you allow individuals under the age of 18 to use our services, you should take reasonable precautions to ensure that they use the services appropriately.
- Your use of our products is for domestic purposes only and you must not use them for any business or commercial purposes or on any business or commercial premises.
- You must refrain from any use of our products that could be to the detriment of any other users.
- You are solely responsible for your use of the internet and any web space that you own or control.
You must not use our products to access, download, send, receive, store, distribute, transmit, upload or in any way deal with material or data that we deem:
- to be offensive, threatening, defamatory, racist, abusive, harassing, invasive of privacy, obscene, harmful, indecent or menacing;
- breaches any third party’s rights (for example, using or copying another's material without their consent); or
- to be for fraudulent purposes or effect.
- You must not use the internet to send information that has forged addresses or are deliberately constructed to adversely affect remote machines or other computer systems.
- You must not forge or alter headers, addresses or other information in emails or other messages in order to make them appear to be coming from or sent by another person or entity.
- You must not alter message headers to prevent visibility of the email address or to prevent the recipient from responding to the message.
- Without the explicit permission of the relevant operators you may not run "scanning" software which accesses remote machines, networks or other computer systems.
- You must ensure that you do not further or allow the sending of unsolicited bulk emails, spam emails, “mailbombs”, messages, or any other form of email or Usenet “abuse”. This applies to both material that originates on your computer systems and also third party material passing through your computer systems.
- You must ensure that your computer systems and network are not configured in such a way that others are able to exploit them in order to disrupt the internet or any other third party network. This includes but is not limited to ensuring that your network cannot be exploited as an open mail relay, open proxy server, or as a component of a wider network used in denial, or distributed denial of service attacks by third parties.
- We may in certain circumstances be legally obliged to disclose information to relevant authorities, regulators, law enforcement agencies and other third parties. In any event, we reserve the right to notify these entities of any acts that may constitute unlawful conduct.
- We reserve the right to restrict access to any illegal content. However, we do not monitor all content available through our products and, as such, we cannot guarantee that you will be unable to access illegal or offensive content on the internet. We therefore recommend that you install appropriate security measures on your computer systems, including parental controls and up-to-date virus protection and firewalls.
- You must not use the Onestream Home phone service for making or receiving calls for the purpose of financial gain, including but not limited to the generation of any form of credit for use with third party services.
Third party providers and traffic monitoring
Please note that the third party service providers that we use to provide our services may carry out regular traffic monitoring activities across the network. Please be aware that they may reserve the right to throttle or limit your access to the services in order to ensure that the network and data exchanges are protected for the rest of our customers.
- You must not take any action that could inhibit or violate the network security of any person or company or that could adversely affect their use of the internet.
- You must not adapt, modify, decompile or reverse engineer any part of our products
Actions we may take
- We and/or our third party service providers may, at our and/or their sole discretion, run manual or automatic systems and monitoring in order to ensure that you remain compliant with the terms of this AUP at all times (for example, we and/or they may scan for open mail relays, open proxy servers, or smurf amplifiers). By accessing the internet via our products you are deemed to have granted us and them permission to access and monitor your computer systems and networks.
- We may block any electronic communication that we reasonably consider to have breached this AUP.
If we become aware that you may have breached this AUP, we reserve the right to take any action we believe to be appropriate including, but not limited to:
- investigating the possible breach;
- notifying you by email;
- contacting you by email or phone to gather further information or to discuss our concerns;
- issuing you with a formal warning;
- restricting your access to our services;
- suspending your access to our services with immediate effect; and/or
- terminating your account with us and disabling your access to our products (with or without notice).
- We may take any of the above actions that we deem appropriate, but we will always try and work with you before taking any action that will affect your use of our products.
Making a complaint
If you would like to make a complaint about someone’s use of our products or in relation to any content accessible through our products, please contact us on 0330 053 6877. Calls are free from landlines and mobiles.
- The copyright, trade marks, domain names and other intellectual property rights in any content, software or other materials ("Onestream Materials") which we provide to you belong to us or our suppliers or licensors. We grant you a licence to use the Onestream Materials in order to receive and enjoy the benefit of the products, but you agree not to copy, modify or publish the Onestream Materials (although you may take one copy of any software to be kept and used as a back-up) and agree not to supply the Onestream Materials to any other person.
- We are not responsible for any third party content or material which you may be able to access through our products.
If you are contracting for our products for your business, and have confirmed this to us, your use of our products on a commercial basis is authorised provided that:
- paragraph 2.4 of this AUP shall not apply to the products;
- we may continue to enforce provisions of this AUP; and
Changes to this policy
We may update or amend this AUP at any time, so please check our website regularly at www.onestream.co.uk/acceptable-use-policy for any updates to this AUP or our Broadband and Home phone Terms and conditions. Your continued use of our products after any change to the AUP constitutes acceptance of the updated AUP.